DoNW Mission Conference - God So Loves the World
Saturday, May 14, 2016
Important: This event has already occurred.
- 9:00AM - 4:30PM
- Musqueam Community Centre and Cultural Education Resource Centre, 6735 Salish Dr, Vancouver, BC
May 14, 2016 marks the first diocesan-wide Mission Conference.
This event has three purposes:
- For the diocesan community to gather and connect in a less formal way than Synod, with more of the community present. This goal developed out of the Reconnect Task Force’s work in 2012-2013.
- To be an opportunity for the diocesan community to think about mission – what is it that God is doing in our Diocese (through individuals, parishes, and groups outside of the Diocese) and how are we participating?
- To energize and strengthen Anglicans as they are sent into the world (in their homes, schools, workplaces, community and civic organizations) to participate in God’s mission in this time and place.
The day will include a plenary session with Dr Andrea Mann, Director, Global Relations, Anglican Church of Canada and others. We will welcome Bishop Brent Alawas, Episcopal Diocese of Northern Philippines as part of his larger visit to our Diocese. Workshops will be lead by a variety of leaders from within the Diocese and the wider community. Confirmed workshop information will be added to the diocesan website next week.
Registration for the Conference has now closed. All members of the diocesan community are invited to participate – unlike Synod where delegates are elected by parishes and each parish is assigned a number of delegates based on the size of the parish, the Mission Conference can be attended by anyone. The program is designed to welcome clergy and lay people, adults, youth, and children.
Mission Conference 2016 will conclude with a celebratory salmon dinner. Although the dinner is optional to accommodate those with Sunday morning commitments and long drives, the Planning Team hopes many people will stay and that some from the Diocesan community might join us just for dinner. The dinner will include a special guest speaker and offer opportunities for fellowship within and across parishes.
There is a Registration Fee of $25 per adult
($12 per youth / child)
The Wild Salmon BBQ is $30 per adult ($15 per youth / child)
1. The Rotunda Meeting Space at the Musqueam Centre
2. Bishop Brent Alawas and Bishop Skelton, March 2, 2016 in Bontoc, Mountain Province, Philippines.