Journey of Christmas
- Friday, December 15, 2017 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Monday, December 18, 2017 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Friday, December 22, 2017 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 3:30PM - 6:30PM
- Sunday, December 24, 2017 - 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- St. Mark's, Ocean Park, !2953 20 Avenue Surrey
St. Mark’s, Ocean Park is proud to announce that our mannequins, stereo soundtrack, backdrops, props and lights that create the outdoor presentation of “Journey of Christmas” will launch its 19th season on Friday December 15 for 10 nights. Set in the woods behind the church in South Surrey, this Christmas treat has put Christ first in its celebration of the Christmas season.
The nine theatres feature different scenes from the first Christmas including the shepherds, the angels, Simeone, the three kings and of course, the manger scene. This 22 minute guided walk is shared with close to 1,000 people each Christmas. It is a favourite annual tradition for many while others discover it for the first time each year.
After your “journey”, you are welcome in to our decorated parish hall for hot chocolate, cookies and live entertainment.
Currently these are the scheduled entertainment highlights:
- Friday, December 15, Boy Scouts host and lead the carol singing
- Saturday, December 16, Gilbert & Sullivan Society Singers
- Monday, December 18, Dormaren Recorder Consort
- Thurday, December 21, St. Mark’s Choir
- Saturday, December 23, Chris Simmons & Debra daVaughn
Other dates are still being confirmed. Please check back and/or check the St. Mark’s website for further updates.
We are open December 15-23 6-9 pm & December 24 3:30-9 pm. @ St. Mark’s, Ocean Park, 12953-20 Ave. South Surrey.
PHOTO: Bishop Skelton and Teddy after their "journey" in 2016