MVA Leadership Training
- Friday, October 6, 2017 - 7:00PM - 9:00PM
- Saturday, October 7, 2017 - 9:30AM - 11:30AM
- BCGEU Office - 2920 Virtual Way, Vancouver Across from the Renfrew Skytrain Station.
Important: This event has already occurred.
All Anglicans welcome to take this training on behalf of your parish.
- Would you like to be part of the community organizing model of working for the common good in the lower mainland?
- Learn about building relationships within your parish community so that the parish community is stronger and deeper connections are made with your neighbourhood and wider community.
Metro Vancouver Alliance (MVA) is part of the 75 year old Industrial Areas Foundations (IAF) which is non-partisan and brings organizations together for the common good. There are over 50 organizations that are members of MVA. If you would like to represent your parish, you are welcome to sign up. Scholarships are available for those from parishes that are not MVA members. Our diocese is a Sponsoring Organization along with the Roman Catholic Archdiocese.
MVA held the successful Provincial Assembly April 4, 2017, and has agreements from the NDP and Greens in areas of: Affordable Housing , Transit, Economic Justice and Health. MVA made a commitment to work with whomever was elected and will be doing so.
For further information about connecting with MVA and this Leadership Institute, you are welcome to contact the Rev. Margaret Marquardt, a Leader in MVA and Chair of the Eco-Justice Unit of the diocese.
- Participants from MVA member organizations: FREE
- Participants NOT from MVA member organizations: $100.00 for the weekend (to be applied to future membership dues).
- Bursaries available.
- Refreshments and lunch will be provided
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".