Job Posting: Part-Time Volunteer Coordinator
April 20, 2017
Part-Time Volunteer Coordinator
- Sourcing and recruiting volunteers using various techniques
- Collecting information on availabilities and skills
- Arranging for appropriate training when needed
We are looking for a competent Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers. You will be responsible for allocating responsibilities and retaining the best people.
It takes a competent leader to succeed in this profession. You should know how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
The goal is to ensure that our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are correctly utilized for the fulfilment of our mission.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, networking and direct invitation, e-mail, social media etc.)
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training and orientation
- Liaise with St. James to ensure police checks are completed and kept up to date
- Produce schedules for everyday activities
- Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments
- Ensure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
- Proven experience in a similar position
- Experience volunteering
- Experience in networking and sourcing volunteers
- Working knowledge of databases and MS Office (especially Excel)
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- A pleasant, outgoing personality and strong work ethic
- Post-secondary training in business administration, human resources, social services desirable, but all candidates experience will taken into account.
About St. James Anglican Church
Situated in the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver, we are both a neighbourhood and a destination Church. We seek to worship God in the beauty of holiness. We seek to serve by living a sacramental life rooted in the Anglo-Catholic tradition.
Flexible Hours and a living wage will be offered to the successful candidate. Submit your resume and covering letter to Deacon Lucy Price at email@example.com
Shortlisting will be on May 23rd, interviews will take place on May 29th 2017. Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. Please ensure your email address and phone number are included on your application.
St. James Anglican Church
303 East Cordova Street,
Vancouver, BC, V6A 1L4
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".