SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Parish Bookkeeper works as a part of the team of rector (priest in charge of the parish), wardens, trustees, treasurer and parishioners to serve both the church and the community. The Parish Bookkeeper works to assure the smooth, efficient and accurate financial operation of the office so that the office's maximum positive impact on the church community can be realized as an effective part of Parish Life.
1. High School Diploma or its equivalent.
2. Proficiency in office procedures, typing and machines.
3. Two years bookkeeping experience required.
4. Knowledge and practical experience regarding basic computer skills.
(Word, Excel and Power Church Plus an asset)
5. Familiar with networks and data backup procedures.
6. Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
7. Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
8. Good health, high moral character and good attendance record.
9. Polite, courteous and tactful with parishioners and the general public.
1. Prepare cheque requisitions, invoices, and write cheques.
2. Prepare deposits and take to the bank.
3. Post all entries into Power Church Plus Accounting System.
4. Produce month end Financial Statements for the treasurer.
5. Operate computer, calculator, photocopier and any other office machines.
6. Perform other duties as requested by the treasurer.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Part-time position, (estimate four hours per week at $30/hr).
- Must be willing to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applications including resume and cover letter should be addressed to the Rector and Wardens of All Saints Parish Church and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail 4755 Arthur Drive, Delta, BC, V4K 2X6.