The Parish Treasurer reports directly to the Leadership Team for the oversight of financial reporting to the parish.
The Parish Treasurer shall work in cooperation with the Parish Bookkeeper to ensure the bookkeeping of the finances of the parish are operated in accordance with normal financial practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Oversee the bookkeeper and ensure all aspects of accounting are dealt with promptly and correctly.
- Analyze and prepare a brief summation of the financial statements, commenting on significant variances and recommendations to remedy any problems, for the monthly parish council meetings.
- Receive investment statements from the diocese and ensure that all transactions concerning the investments, (interest income/losses, withdrawals and deposits) are journalized into the books on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the financial statements and budget and present to the February Vestry Meeting
- Following each Vestry, ensure that the bank is advised of any changes in signing authority.
- Prepare and remit the yearly Parish Operating Receipts and Expenses to the Diocese of New Westminster.
- Complete and remit Annual Registered Charity Information Forms to Canada Revenue Agency.
- Counter sign all cheques.
The Accounting Program currently in use at All Saints is Power Church Plus and has been designed specifically for Churches. The parish uses Cash Accounting rather than Accrual Accounting and it is expected that the applicant has a working knowledge of all aspects of accounting.
It would be of considerable benefit to the parish and to the prospective treasurer if she/he/they were familiar with parish life and specifically the Anglican Church.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Part-time position, (estimate four hours per month at $30/hr).
- Must be willing to submit a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applications including resume and cover letter should be addressed to the Rector and Wardens of All Saints Parish Church and sent by email to email@example.com or via mail 4755 Arthur Drive, Delta, BC, V4K 2X6.