The Archbishop of the Diocese of New Westminster is seeking to appoint a Rector for the Parish of the Church of St Clement, Lynn Valley, which is situated in the District of North Vancouver, BC. This is a full-time, permanent position. The Parish is located on the traditional and unceded territory of the Tlseil-Waututh, Squamish and Musqueam.
This is a brief snapshot of highlights in the parish profile. Download the entire document linked below to get a sense of who St Clement, Lynn Valley really is.
The headline in St Clement’s profile immediately draws you in to discover more about the faithful and focused ministry to which they are committed:
“Our parish vision is “to be an inclusive, welcoming Christian community, faithful to Christ’s call to love God and serve the contemporary needs of a changing world.”
“Our parish mission is to Welcome! Support! Inspire! Serve!”
Their four goals/priorities follow from this:
- Maintain and grow the congregation in numbers and vitality
- Find meaning and mission through faith through spiritual growth, transformation and learning
- Increase in active community outreach
- Improve the buildings including accessibility and possible future property development
In order to accomplish these things, they are looking for a Rector who (listed in no particular order of priority)
- Works collegially with leadership and congregation
- Works with youth
- Teaches and leads members to spiritual growth
- Brings inspiration, positivity, and humour
- Is dedicated to pastoral care and community outreach
- Embraces variety in liturgy….to enrich our understanding of the Gospels.
- Is engaging and encouraging
- Is strong in organizational, process and facilitation skills
- Will navigate possible building/community projects
- Appreciates diversity
There is one liturgy on Sunday at 9:45am – Holy Eucharist using the Book of Alternative Services, page 185 with a volunteer choir. Prayers from the Lutheran tradition are sometimes incorporated. Services are also held on Holy Days and other festivals. A weekday Eucharist is not currently celebrated.
Various guilds and groups support the Parish in its ministry, some of which are stewardship, altar guild and worship. A building revitalization committee is in abeyance until the new Rector arrives. These are in addition to lay ministries of Eucharistic administrators, intercessors, street clean-up, Sunday School teachers and building security. Parish life in enriched by outreach projects, pastoral care and social events and gatherings.
The property includes the Church, administrative offices and a church hall in the undercroft all of which are in good repair.
The profile’s appendices include financial information including the 2020 Budget and demographic data of the Parish.
The complete Parish Profile and the required Diocesan application form are available linked below. Applications for this position will be received until close of business on Thursday, April 16, 2020. Please email your cover letter, application and, if you are not from the Diocese of New Westminster, a letter from your bishop, indicating you are ‘a priest in good standing’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact Bill Siksay, Executive Assistant to the Bishop’s Office at 604-684-6306, ext. 228 or by email at email@example.com