The old saying “better late than never” is not a very good excuse, however diocesan comms is delighted to introduce visitors to the diocesan website news pages to Arlene Hryniuk, Regan Gorman and Beau. Arlene and Regan are the Building Management team at the diocesan Synod Offices at 1410 Nanton Avenue, Vancouver and also for St. John’s, Shaughnessy (SJS) at 1490 Nanton Avenue (although the SJS folks refer to them and rightly so as Vergers). They have been in these roles since May of 2019.
Their responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of building operation ensuring a safe, secure and tidy working environment
- Liaise with various trades ensuring all systems are kept in good working order
- Secure and monitor the premises
- Coordinate with internal and external events hosts ensuring needs are met
- Acquire supplies and equipment as necessary in order to ensure smooth operations
- Support landscaping crew and monitor the external grounds
Their duty hours are 10am-4pm Monday to Friday.
When Arlene and Regan were first contracted for the positions, Beau was not yet on the scene, the three-breed canine cutie joined the family on September 5.