St. Anne’s is seeking a contract Children’s Ministry Assistant to help with the successful delivery of the Godly play programming on Sunday mornings September through June. You will work closely with and report to rector. You will be responsible for set up and clean up, sharing the stories and supporting the children in their work time following the story.
A skilled relationship builder who has experience working with children across a variety of fields, including faith-based organizations. You are a team player, who understands the needs of children and youth and is comfortable leading some elements of curriculum and organizing events. A self-motivated person who is organized, values boundaries, and understands the core values of Children’s ministry here at the St. Anne’s, which is that through relationships we aim to accompany children on their spiritual journey and welcome them into a safe place of wondering, learning and growth.
On a weekly basis, you will assist with the Sunday morning Godly Play sessions for children. You will also help lead parts of the curriculum during these sessions. This is a 2-hour commitment. For the rest of your hours, you will meet with the rector as needed and take responsibility for planning, preparation and delivery of children and youth curriculum, programming and special events. The total hours for this position will be 4 hours per week. Sunday as a requirement and the expectation that you will use some of this time to familiarize yourself with the stories.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Basic administrative skills are an asset
- Basic knowledge of child and youth development
- Some theological understanding of ethical Child and Youth Ministry
- Ability to work as part of a ministry team.
- Experience in youth and children’s ministry is a plus
- Experience in events organizing
- Godly Play training is an asset
- Willingness to learn new skills and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of the Anglican Church
- The successful applicant must be 18+
- Ability to work on a Sunday from 9am - 12 noon
- Complete a successful Criminal Records Check with vulnerable sector search
- Willingness to complete Safe Church policy orientation per the Diocese of New Westminster’s Screening in Faith policy and training.
- Willingness to complete Dismantling Racism Training Certificate.
- Basic First Aid/CPR (Child) or equivalent.
This is a temporary, contract position to the end of June 2024 with the potential for renewal.
Position Start date: September 2023
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
The position will remain open until filled.