The Parish of St. Aidan & St. Bartholomew, Gibsons is a dynamic and forward-thinking congregation committed to making a positive impact on our community. The parish is dedicated to fostering meaningful connections and collaborations that support community development, empowerment, and growth. Through our monthly food bank and hot lunch programs, as well as the Cold Weather Response shelter offered nightly during the winter in partnership with The Salvation Army, St. Bart’s is an integral part of social services offered to those in need in Gibsons.
- Contract position
- 10-15 hours per week (flexible depending on successful candidate)
- $26.00 per hour
- Supervised by the vicar (priest-in-charge of the parish)
- Part of St. Bart’s staff team (included in all staff meetings, etc.)
- Starting ASAP until May 2024 (end date flexible depending on start date)
- Explore, consult, and implement a food bank day at St. Bart's on three Saturdays in spring 2024 (Goal: provide enhanced and more frequent services to the food insecure on the Sunshine Coast, especially in Gibsons)
- Gather stories from clients of the food bank, hot lunch program, and cold weather shelter and share those stories and St. Bart's role in various media, such as our website, Facebook page, and the local paper (Goal: increase local awareness of the good work being done by St. Bart's and attract more clients and more supporters to parish programs)
- Explore, consult, and implement a resource fair in Gibsons for the food and housing insecure (Goal: provide clients of St. Bart's outreach programs with more information about where to access different services)
- Connect with clients of food bank, hot lunch, and cold weather shelter to gather stories for sharing on social and traditional mediaIdentify gaps in services and recommend possible solutions
- Liaise with food bank managers to plan and execute at least three Saturday food bank days in the first half of 2024
- Plan and execute a resource fair in partnership with other service providers
- Write content for the church's website regarding food and shelter programming
- Participate in gatherings of St. Bart’s staff
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in social or community development, mental health services, communications, or a related field.
- Proven experience in community engagement, outreach, or related roles.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships.Demonstrated experience in event planning and execution.
- Knowledge of community development principles and best practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in using communication and collaboration tools, as well as social media platforms.
- All church employees require a criminal record check for the Vulnerable Sector and may need to undergo Safe Church Practices (Screening in Faith) training as part of orientation
This is a temporary, contract position to the end of May 2024 with the potential for
Position Start date: As soon as filled.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.