Our working definition of parish development is:
The development of parishes of all sizes, locations and conditions into more faithful, healthy and effective communities of faith that:
- Focus on their unique reason for being/calling to be communities that gather people, transform people in their baptismal identity and purpose and send them into the world to be God's presence
- Connect to and expressive of a unique Anglican tradition, ethos and character
- Are responsive to the opportunities and challenges before them
- Are working toward greater sustainability in terms of the "fit" or congruence between all the elements of their organizational life: mission and ministry, worship, finances, buildings, leaders, etc.
- Nurture a parish culture that is transparent, honest, open to learning and hopeful