Guidelines for Completing the Online Diocesan Compensation Package for 2021
The left navigation pane (or, if you are using your smartphone, the panel above) shows the different sections that will guide you on how to complete the 2021 Clergy Compensation Worksheet and Payroll Authorization Form for Lay Employees through the DocuSign platform:
- A Message from the Diocesan Treasurer - explains the 2021 Clergy Compensation and Transportation Allowance.
- Clergy Compensation Guidelines - outlines the policy and guiding principles when determining the compensation of the Priest.
- Clergy Compensation Worksheet – this section provides the link and detailed instructions on how to complete the compensation worksheet through the DocuSign platform. A conversation ahead of time is highly recommended among the priest, wardens, and the treasurer to determine the clergy compensation using the recommended guidelines and the 2021 Clergy Compensation as advised by Diocesan Treasurer.
- Payroll Authorization for Lay Employees - this section provides the link and detailed instructions on how to complete the payroll authorization for lay employees through the DocuSign platform. A conversation ahead of time is highly recommended among the wardens, the treasurer, and the lay employee to complete the form.
- The Monthly Remittance Form – the Excel spreadsheet which specifies the monthly assessment and the payroll cost for clergy and lay employees as indicated in cost calculation sheets. This form needs to be emailed to the Diocesan Payroll Administrator every 22nd day of the month to notify the Synod Office of the amount to be withdrawn from the parish bank account.
Please complete the Clergy Compensation Worksheet and Lay Employee Compensation Form online by December 9th, 2020. A copy of the form will be automatically emailed to all parties (clergy or lay, warden and treasurer) and to the Diocesan Payroll Administrator as soon as all signees have completed the form.
Once your document is received by the Synod Office, the Diocesan Payroll Administrator will prepare the cost calculation sheet for your clergy and lay employee. A copy will be emailed to your parish treasurer when completed. You will need the information from the cost calculation sheet when you send your monthly remittance beginning January 2021.
The Synod Office is available at any time to assist you:
If you have any questions regarding payroll:
Michèle van Teunenbroek, Payroll Administrator
Email Michèle van Teunenbroek or call 604-684-6306 ext 226
If you have any questions regarding how to use the DocuSign platform:
Elias Neto, Administrative/Financial Assistant
Email Elias Neto or call 604-684-6306 ext 221
If you already read the instructions on the menu on the left and wish to proceed to the DocuSign platform, you can click the buttons below: