Thursday, May 26, 2016
Important: This event has already occurred.
- 12:00PM - 2:00PM
- St. Paul's Anglican Church
Life Matters is a series of four “soup and buns” workshops designed to prepare you to plan for the inevitable end of life with courage and hope.
- Wonder where to start with your will?
- How to make decisions aligned with your deepest values?
- Looking for a safe place to have a conversation about death?
- Curious about the resources of the Christian tradition for death and dying?
These workshops are free of charge and led by experts in their respective field; however, registration is required. Feel free to attend one or all of the courses offered.
1) Thursday 18th February 2016, 12-2pm: "Soup & Bun Workshop on Writing Your Will", Presenters: David Watts, Notary Public from the People’s Law School; Fr. Michael Forshaw; Glen Mitchell, the Director of Stewardship and Planned Giving for the Diocese of New Westminster
2) Thursday 10th March 2016, 12-2pm: "Soup & Bun Workshop on Powers of Attorney, Joint Bank Accounts, Representation Agreements, & Advance Directives" Presenter: Lin Chen, Workshop Coordinator, BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support (BCCEAS)
3) Thursday 28th April 2016, 12-2pm: "A Death Café at St. Paul's Anglican Church." This is the 4th in a series of 4 Death Cafés being held in early 2016 in Vancouver, where in a relaxed setting people will drink tea, eat cake, and discuss death. While not bereavement or grief support groups, Death Cafés are an opportunity to respectfully discuss death as a natural part of our lives Facilitators: Tom Esakin and Anneke Rees
4) Thursday 26th May 2016, 12-2pm: "Soup & Bun Workshop on Christian Teaching on Death and Hope". For centuries Christians have believed in the possibility of holy living and holy dying. Discover the fundamental hope of Christ in the face of death. Presenter: Reverend Jessica Schaap, Rector, St. Paul’s Anglican Church
These workshops are FREE with soup and buns, but registration is required.
For more information, please visit our website: stpaulsanglican.bc.ca
- power of attorney
- last will and testament
- soup and buns
- end of life
- advance directives
- st paul's anglican church
- christian views