- Saturday, April 29, 2017
- 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- St James', Cordova at Gore in Vancouver/ (march begins at Science World site)
- Save to your Calendar
Have you been looking for ways to respond to climate change? Have you been looking for ways to engage in climate action with a community of believers? We invite you to explore two avenues of engagement with us on April 29: prayer and civic engagement. You are free to participate in one area, or both, as you feel called to.
Earthkeepers is hosting a Pre-Rally Communion Service for Climate Justice on Saturday, April 29th. It will be a time of prayer and centering followed by an ecologically-focused Communion meal. We will then be joining Climate Convergence Metro Vancouver in the People's Climate March: Job, Justice, and Climate.
The Communion meal allows us to remember the one whose brokenness heals our lives. Only then, anew with Christ, can we return to our world’s healing.
Will you join us on April 29 at St. James' Anglican Church? Bring your motivation for marching to our sign-making session, join us later for the Communion and prayer service, or finally — meet us at the march at Science World.
- Location: St. James' Anglican Church
- 10am: Sign-Making Session (in the Parish Hall, accessible by Cordova entrance)
- 11am: Prayer Service and Eucharist/Communion in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel: all are welcome (entrance off of Cordova St.)
- 12:30pm: Gather and prepare to walk together to Science World
- 1pm: March and rally begin
There is a ramp on the Chapel Walkway into the Blessed Sacrament Chapel and the Rectory at St. James. There's an accessible washroom in the Rectory next door, where refreshments will be available after the service.
The Parish Hall is accessible off the alley between Powell & Cordova. There is a small washroom as well on the same level as the Parish Hall.