- Tuesday, May 17, 2016
- 7:00 - 9:00 pm
- Richmond, White Rock and Vancouver
- Save to your Calendar
Simon Choa Johnston currently a parishioner at Holy Trinity, White Rock will be celebrating the launch of his new novel, The House of Wives on May 4, 2016.
The House of Wives is published by Penguin Random House and will be officially launched in Toronto on May 4 but there will be three release events for The House of Wives held in the Metro Vancouver Area. The events are free and open to the public:
- May 12 in Richmond at the Gateway Theatre 6500 Gilbert Rd at 7pm
- May 15 in White Rock, Peninsula Productions Studio, Centennial Park, 14600 North Bluff Rd at 2pm
- May 17 in Vancouver at iA Financial Group Atrium at BMO Theatre Centre, 162 West 1st Avenue, at 7pm
Prior to Simon's and his wife Sheila's recent move to South Surrey they had been long time parishioners at St. Mary’s, Kerrisdale. Since 2014, Simon has been (and continues to be) Chair of the diocesan Synod Planning Committee and he is also a current member of the General Synod Planning Committee. Simon has agreed to chair the local component of planning for the General Synod (Joint Assembly) scheduled to take place here in the diocese of New Westminster in the summer of 2019.
At the events Simon will be there along with the Book Ambassador who is hosting the event. Books will be available for purchase. He hopes to meet as many people as possible and have one on one face time with them. He will give a little introduction about the story and autograph copies of The House of Wives.
For more information about Simon and the book please can go to is website: www.simonjohnston.ca, there you can read a sample of the book, read a blog and see a list of appearances.
- The House of Wives book jacket
- Simon's promo photo Photograph by Emily Cooper
- The Family home in Hong Kong circa 1910
- Simon with his nanny, Ah Wan at her home in China