- “A warm and friendly presence in the office.”
- “Always ready to help out.”
- “He made everyone feel immediately welcome at the Synod Office…he is sincerely interested in people and is ready to help.”
- “Rob’s incredible enthusiasm and support helped make our diocese a leader in communications in the Anglican Church of Canada.”
- “I will miss the conversations and quick info sessions we would have at the beginning of each day as I brewed my morning cup of tea in the coffee room across from his office.”
- “His knowledge of business and property was an asset to the property development initiatives of the diocese.”
These were just a few of the tributes paid to the outgoing Director of Finance and Property, Rob Dickson at the farewell luncheon held in his honour at the Synod Office, Wednesday, October 30.
After 13 plus years, Rob would leave Synod Staff the next day, retiring from this role but eager to see what new opportunities life has in store.
For lunch, Rob had requested one of his favourite meals; White Spot BC Burgers (topped with bacon and cheddar), White Spot coleslaw, Caesar salad and fries. There were of course some vegetarian options.
Following the eating of burgers and prior to the cake cutting Archbishop Skelton asked the group to share some thoughts about Rob and the heartfelt tributes flowed.
Prior to the cutting of the cake, Archbishop Skelton presented Rob with a gift specifically chosen for his wife Mary Pat and a card containing gifts from Synod Staff.
With Rob’s departure there has been a reorganization of the Finance Department at the Synod Office, with the former diocesan comptroller, accountant, Shailene Caparas appointed Interim Chief Financial Officer and the hiring of Prashanthi (Shanthi) Yadavalli as Accounting Clerk. Shailene’s work schedule is Monday-Thursday, 8:30-4:30 and Shanthi will be in the office, Tuesday-Thursday, 8:30-4:30.
Rob will continue in his roles as a lay leader at the Parish of St. Christopher, West Vancouver; elected Lay Member of Diocesan Council from the Capilano Archdeaconry; Delegate to General Synod from the Diocese of New Westminster; and at the national church, as a member of both the Anglican Foundation Board and the General Synod Pension Committee.
Please keep Rob and his family in your prayers as they transition into this new phase of life and ministry.
Mon to Fri 9AM - 4PM
Open for phone calls and emails. Closed to visitors March 18 - June 15 (tentative date)
Growing communities of faith in Jesus Christ to serve God's mission in the world.
The Anglican Church in the Sunshine Coast, Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley consisting of 66 parishes and 3 worshipping communities on the ancestral lands of the Coast Salish First Nations