St Philip’s Anglican Church is an accepting, caring Christian community for people of all ages who are on a journey of faith. All are welcome at St Philip’s. We take a thinking Christian approach, encouraging one another to use our minds, hearts and experiences to explore our faith. We engage and serve our parish, and larger community, with vibrant worship and active outreach. We commit to sharing our active, inclusive Anglican community by welcoming, accepting and supporting all people. We endeavour to sustain, nurture and develop our parish. We want to support and encourage individuals and families on their spiritual journey with enriching programs for adults, youth and children.
Children, Youth and Family Coordinator
We are looking for a dedicated individual to nurture the spiritual growth of the children and young people at St Philip’s. The Youth Ministry Coordinator works to build relationships with the children, youth, and their families, to develop programming that helps them explore their faith, their wondering, and love of God, and to build relationships with each other and with St Philip’s. The Children, Youth and Family Coordinator would become an important part of the St. Philip’s team. Without a thriving support for children, families and youth, a parish will dwindle.
This is a part-time short-term contract to the end of June 2024, with the possibility of renewal. The position averages 6 hours/week (three hours every Sunday with remaining hours as needed), salary of $20 - $23/hour, dependent on skills and experience.
• Take responsibility for planning, preparation and delivery of children and youth curriculum, programming, and special events in collaboration with the Rector and parents
• Create a welcoming, engaging environment for children, youth, their families, and friends
• Connect children and youth with adult congregants and to the life of the whole church
• Involve youth regularly in all-age worship by coordinating offerings such as youths’ prayers, and readings, with the possibility of establishing a monthly family service
• Coordinate annual events such as the Story of Saint Nicholas, the Christmas Pageant, Good Friday’s Stations of the Cross, Remembrance Sunday, and other Family Services
• Build community by hosting a monthly family event e.g. pizza lunch, evening pot luck.
• Recruit, train, and mentor adult volunteers to support your work with our children and youth
• Experienced working with children and youth, ideally in a faith-based organization
• A skilled relationship builder with all ages and all types of people
• An engaging team builder, a self-motivated and well-organized leader
• Able to work independently and as part of a ministry team
• Knowledgeable in child and youth development
• An excellent communicator
• Trained in Godly Play (an asset)
• Knowledgeable about the Anglican Church and its values
• You will coordinate and plan and present weekly Sunday school sessions for children
• You will coordinate and plan special events such as the Christmas Even Children’s pageant
• You will coordinate and plan additional events for children, youth and families
• You will meet with the Rector as needed to complete your duties
Requirements for the Position
• The successful applicant must be 19+
• Basic First Aid or equivalent, training provided
• To enroll in and complete Diocesan Anti-Racism and Safe Church training
• Up-to-date criminal record check with vulnerable sector check
• Three strong character references
• Able to work Sundays 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, additional hours as needed to a maximum of eight hours per week
The Children, Youth and Family Coordinator reports to the Rector. This is a temporary, contract position to the end of June 2024 with potential for renewal.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org