At 9:30am on Wednesday, February 26, 50 worshippers gathered in the nave of St. John's, Shaughnessy (SJS) for a Said Eucharist with Imposition of Ashes.
Presiding at the Eucharist and Imposition of Ashes was Archbishop Melissa Skelton and the preacher was St. John's rector, the Reverend John Stephens.
A video of the homily posted to YouTube is available below
Many thanks to SJS parishioner, Derek Simpkins for the contribution of some beautiful photos to this collection.
- The Reverend John Stephens marks Archbishop Skelton with the sign of the cross in ashes as the Imposition of Ashes begins Photo: Derek Simpkins
- Archbishop Skelton gathers the community with prayer Photo: Randy Murray
- Robert reads from the Prophecy of Joel 2: 1-2, 12-17 Photo: Randy Murray
- Assistant Priest at SJS, the Reverend Liz Ruder-Celiz proclaims the Gospel, Matthew 6: 1-6, 16-21 Photo: Randy Murray
- The Reading of Psalm 51 Photo: Derek Simpkins
- The worshippers line up for the Imposition of Ashes Photo: Derek Simpkins
- Impostion of Ashes; Reverend Ruder-Celiz is marked with the sign of the cross; Imposition of Ashes line; Imposition of Ashes 4 Photos: Randy Murray
- The Peace Photo: Randy Murray
- Preparing the altar Photo: Randy Murray
- The Gifts of God for the People of God Photo: Dennis Simkins
- Prayers after Communion Photo: Randy Murray