On Wednesday, June 24, 2015, the Feast Day of St. John the Baptist, Synod staffers, Brander Raven McDonald and Randy Murray paid a visit to the new location of the Synod offices and meeting rooms of the diocese of New Westminster located at 1410 Nanton Avenue behind St. John’s, Shaughnessy Anglican Church. The Parish is open and active with the church offices located in the church building a few yards west of where the work is being done.
The Synod office contents and staff are as of this writing planning to move from #580-401 West Georgia on July 15, 2015. The Trendell Lounge which is currently and will remain a shared space of the Synod office and the Parish of St. John’s, Shaughnessy is renovated and in use. The main and lower floor of 1410 Nanton are coming along nicely with much of the flooring, drywall and a good chunk of the painting and electrical completed.
Brander and Randy did a tour of the site beginning in the offices of the Bishop (Bishop’s, Executive Archdeacon’s and Assistant to the Bishop and Archdeacon’s offices); then they went through reception to the large main floor meeting and gathering space and over to the north side to view the rooms on that side and then back to the south side where Brander’s office will be located in the “program” staff area of the main floor.
Downstairs, the carpet has been installed in the large room and the Anglican Archive vaults and offices are mostly completed and the furniture is largely in place. The work of putting the collection away and preparing for the archives opening is progressing.
- Bishop’s office
- Brander in front of the Bishop's fireplace
- main meeting and gathering room
- northeast corner office, supply room
- downstairs kitchen area
- lower floor main room
- archives materials and furniture.
For more photos have a look at the diocesan Facebook page - Anglican Conversation