The Spring edition of the twice annual Retired Clergy and Spouses lunch was held at St. Dunstan’s, Aldergrove on Monday, May 13, 2019.
More than fifty clergy and spouses attended the lunch, enjoyed time together, a delicious meal and an address from Archbishop Skelton.
Also in attendance were the seventh and eighth bishops of the diocese, Archbishop Douglas Hambidge and Bishop Michael Ingham.
Many thanks to Jane Dittrich of Christ Church Cathedral for supplying these really great photos and cutlines for this photo feature page, and also thanks for the ongoing ministry of the Chaplains to the Retired Clergy and Spouses, the Reverends Karin Fulcher and Neil Gray
The next event for the group will be the Advent version of the event usually held during the first week of December at the Synod Office.
- Attendees gather before the luncheon for a drink and conversation
- Archbishop Melissa Skelton, the Reverend Helen Tervo and Chaplain to Retired Clergy, Rev Karin Fulcher, go over things prior to the lunch
- Rev. Trevor Fisher and Rev Doug Dittrich catch up
- Rev Doug Dittrich and Rev Mavis Brownlee (along with her husband Graeme) enjoy time together before lunch. Also visible on the left Rev. Dudley Ritchie and on the right, Rev. Ron Barnes
- Rev Neil Gray, Chaplain to Retired Clergy, cheerfully does check-in duty at the St Dunstan's entrance, greeting the Rev. David Price (who is currently priest-in-charge, part time at All Saints', Agassiz). Maureen Speed and Rev. Peter Niblock are visible in the background.
- Archbishop Melissa Skelton gives her address to the 50+ attendees at the Retired Clergy Spring lunch. Bishop Michael Ingham, Rev Trevor Fisher and event convenors Rev Karin Fulcher & Rev Neil Gray listen
- St Dunstan's rector, Rev David Taylor and Archbishop Douglas Hambidge listen to Archbishop Skelton's address, visible in the background right to left: Reverends Paul Illical, Len Dyer, Jeanette Stiggers and Harold Munn