Ride for Refuge Saturday, October 5
Ride for Refuge 2019 will have two routes in our diocese, leaving from:
Join Team PWRDF again this year in Ride for Refuge.
We welcome new riders and walkers to this fun event with a most worthy cause….
“ PWRDF (The Primate’s World Relief and Development Fund ) , working with the Panzi Foundation in the Democratic Republic of Congo, will assist female victims of horrific gender based violence to re-integrate back into their communities, and help make women living in the area surrounding Panzi Hospital less vulnerable to gender and sexual based violence.
- $18 provides one month of medications and medical supplies for one woman.
- $69 provides one hygiene kit.
- $100 provides one woman with the supplies and equipment she needs to begin her own micro-business.
- $230 provides innovative individual and group therapy and psychosocial counseling for one woman.
- $514 provides full literacy and life-skills training program for two women. “
To sign up as a rider or walker or to offer your support to Team PWRDF Vancouver visit the Ride for Refuge website www.rideforrefuge.com. Ride and Walk on!
The website is comprehensive and interactive, all you need to participate as a rider, volunteer or sponsor is on the site.