There is a lot going on around the Diocese of New Westminster this time of year. The Season of Lent begins on March 6, there was a new priest inducted rector at St. Paul’s, Vancouver, March 4, Archbishop Skelton and the Diocesan Ambassadors are still buzzing about their trip to the Episcopal Diocese of Northern Philippines, February 17-27 and there is a full slot of parish and diocesan events scheduled to take place over the next few weeks. However, it’s always fun to cover the Synod Office Shrove Tuesday pancake breakfast as this could arguably be the first Lenten event that occurs in our diocese.
Pancakes, seasoned, cured pork products and fruit were served at 8:30am, March 5 at 1410 Nanton.
Enjoy the photos and here is wishing you all a wonderful Shrove Tuesday and a Holy and Happy Lent.
- Director of Finance and Property, Rob Dickson puts the bacon out for breakfast. Some of it is a bit crispier than one might like.
- Shailene and Archbishop Skelton enjoy breakfast
- Rob Dickson has the pork products readied for the oven
- The pancake preparation station.
- The first three are down
- The first three are turned
- The Synod Staff team members present for the Shrove Tuesday breakfast bright and early on March 5
- Archdeacon Fenton scours the baking sheets.