There was a lot going on Sunday morning at the Parish of St. Agnes', located (since 1910) in the Grand Boulevard neighbourhood of North Vancouver.
The Feast of All Saints was transferred and celebrated, the newly renovated and upgraded commercial grade kitchen was blessed by the Bishop, the Memorial Garden was rededicated and also blessed by Bishop Skelton; the names of those whose ashes are interred in the St Agnes Memorial Garden were read aloud as flower petals were cast into the garden as a sign of remembrance, and things go off to a delicous start with "Breakfast with the Bishop" featuring Shannon Muir's, Baked Eggs.
- The Rev. Sharon Smith (left), Katy Dobyns (with cross), and server Kathy Campbell, ODNW assist Bishop Skelton as she re-dedicates and blesses the St Agnes Memorial Garden.
- For her All Saints Day story, Bishop Skelton said she had a picture of a saint in her envelope. When she took it out to show it, Katy saw that the saint was her!
- St Agnes' curate, the Rev Sharon Smith (left), and deacon, the Rev. Lizz Lindsay (right), assist Bishop Melissa at the St Agnes altar during the Eucharistic Prayer
- Archdeacon Stephen Muir, Rector of St. Agnes, blesses the Sunday morning prayer team, Peggy McMillan, ODNW and Ken Lindsay, ODNW.
- Archdeacon Stephen Muir holds an Anglican Foundation plaque to commemorate their funding assistance for the renovated kitchen project at St Agnes. Bishop Melissa blessed the new kitchen during her All Saints Day visit to St Agnes on October 29, 2017. She is joined by her new best friend, Katy Dobyns.
PHOTOS: Wayne Chose
More photos and captions available here on Anglican Conversation the Facebook page of the Diocese of New Westminster