The weather was in full cooperation for the Second Annual Tri-City & North Burnaby Deanery Picnic on Sunday, June 25. The parishes gathered at Blue Mountain Park in Coquitlam for fellowship and worship, followed by a shared picnic lunch and social time.
The worship service celebrated the gift of water and featured a ‘water litany’. The Rev. Stephanie Shepard offered prayers over water, which was passed around in small bowls so that the participants could mark each other a sign of the cross.
After the service, those gathered enjoyed a shared lunch while relaxing in lawn chairs or on picnic blankets, to enjoy a beautiful sunny day.
- Multi-parish choir leads the music: Rev. Wally Shea, Erin Barr, Alan Yuen, Byron Jang, Alan Wallis
- Rev. Eric Mason (St. Laurence) reads the Water Litany
- Rev. Stephanie Shepard (St. John’s) prepares the water for the blessing
- Pat Dewhirst (St. Laurence) uses the water to mark a cross on Byron Jang (St. Timothy)
- Anne Anchor (St. John’s) and Rev. Wally Shea (St. Laurence) in conversation
- James (St. Laurence) enjoying his ice cream
- Jaycee (St. Timothy) has fun at the spray park