Sermon preached by the Venerable Stephanie Shepard, Archdeacon of Granville in the Diocese of New Westminster during the Celebration of a New Ministry Eucharist that saw Bishop John Stephens induct the Reverend Terry Shields Dirbas, Rector of St. John's, Shaughnessy. Archdeacon Shepard is also the Interim Priest-in-Charge of St. Francis-in-the-Wood, Caulfeild.
The scheduled preacher for the Eucharist was the rector of the nearby Parish of St. Mary, Kerrisdale who unfortunately was not feeling well.
The Eucharist took place on the Commemoration of William Laud, Archbishop of Canterbury, who was executed in 1645. Archdeacon Shepard made reference to the life of William Laud in her sermon in the context of the Induction of the new rector.
- Bishop John leads the applause for the new rector as she is welcomed by her parish
- The unmasked, outdoor, bishop and rector photo
- Deacon of the Word and Table, the Reverend Pitman Potter proclaims the Gospel.
- The Venerable Stephanie Shepard preaching
- When it was time for the traditional "Welcome to the Archdeaconry", the Venerable Stephanie Shepard presented the new rector with a bunch of Mylar balloons, reinforcing that the Granville Archdeaconry is the "most creative".