Sermon preached by the Right Reverend John Stephens on Ascension Day, May 26, 2022, at the Closing Eucharist for the Parish of St. Chad's located in Vancouver's Arbutus Basin neighbourhood, 1946-2022.
At the liturgy the current rector, the Reverend Bill Mok vested and participated in the worship. Also present in the congregation were former rectors, the Reverend Paulina Lee, 2002-2020 and the Reverend Jenny Wong Nam, 1994-1998. The Rev. Wong Nam was a reader and shared the first reading Acts 1: 1-11.
Although the parish is going through the closing process, the legacy of St. Chad's will be the continuation and growth of Chinese language ministry and worship in the Diocese of New Westminster.
- Everyone present at the Celebration Eucharist at St. Chad's, May 26, 2022
- Former rectors and ministry leaders with Bishop John
- The list of priests in charge projected on the screen at the crossing between the nave and chancel
- A view from the nave of Bishop John preaching.
- The rector, the Reverend Bill Mok
- The first rector of the parish was the Reverend Norman John Southcott (1946-1963), two of his five children, Ruth Pasemko and Rosemary Misfeldt travelled to Vancouver with family members from their homes in the Kelowna area to attend the liturgy.