Due to a positive COVID-19 test which did indeed result in the illness, Bishop John Stephens was unable to attend Mission Conference 2022. The symptoms were manageable but he chose to have his homily read onsite as opposed to "Zooming" in.
The Venerable Kelly Duncan, Archdeacon of Lougheed read the bishop's sermon at the Opening Morning Prayer of the conference. The conference took place at St. Dunstan's, Aldergrove. Rector of that parish, the Reverend David Taylor and the parish were gracious and welcoming hosts.
This sermon is available in text only.
- The poster for the event
- The Venerable Kelly Duncan reading the sermon
- A view of Opening Worship
- The plenary assembled in the St. Dunstan's sanctuary during Morning Prayer
- Conference facilitator and leader, Dr. Amy Zidulka of Royal Roads University. Dr. Zidulka's keynote instructed the plenary on 'Nurturing Creative Conversations'.
- A creative conversation taking place during the breakout to small groups component of the conference.