This diocesan liturgy was organized and led by members of Christ Church Cathedral and Vancouver Coastal Health. St. Jude's Anglican Care Home Chaplin, Rejoice Anthony, reader and intercessor; Cathedral Deacon, the Reverend Alisdair Smith; Cathedral Associate Priest, the Reverend Clare Morgan, musician; Organist and Director of Music, Dr. Rupert Lang with members of Cathedral Choir and members of the Cathedral's Healing Touch and Healing Prayer ministries, who worked with diocesan and Vancouver Coastal Health leaders to present the service. The Venerable Philippa Pride, Executive Archdeacon of the Diocese of New Westminster representing Bishop John Stephens and the diocese was present to welcome the congregation and offered a closing blessing.
This was the second liturgy at Christ Church Cathedral marking the Opioid overdose crisis, the first was last April 14, 2021.
- The Lamentation Tree created and curated by Providence Health Care
- Elder Glida Morgan of Tla'min Nation with the Territorial Acknowedgement and welcoming prayer
- The Executive Archdeacon, the Venerable Philippa Pride welcomes the congregation on behalf of Bishop John Stephens and the Diocese of New Westminster
- Rejoice Anthony, a principal organizer of the event was the reader and led the prayers
- Members of Christ Chuch Cathedral Choir under the direction of organist, Dr. Rupert Lang
- Providence Health Care students process in with The Lamentation Tree during the chanting of Psalm 13
- Philip Murray
- Procession leader, Pipe Major Andrew Hayes