Sermon preached by the Right Reverend John Stephens, Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of New Westminster at the Opening Eucharist of the 122nd Synod of the diocese. This was the first time the Synod had gathered in- person since May 25, 2019. During the Eucharist the 11 Regional Deans of the diocese were presented by their regional archdeacons and installed by Bishop John.
The diocese has held all in-person Synods at the Italian Cultural Centre in Vancouver since 2012.
- A view of the bishop preaching from the middle of the hall with the screen visible
- The Procession is ready
- Singing the Gradual Hymn
- The Venerable Peggy Trendell-Jensen, Archdeacon for Deacons proclaims the Gospel, John 5: 12-17
- Installing the Regional Deans
- Eucharistic Prayer
- The Eucharist
- Table discussion during the Exploring Priorities segment
- Exploring Priorities segment leader, Deacon, the Reverend Helen Lingham
- The Chair of the Nominations Committee, Kerry Baisley, ODNW and the Executive Archdeacon of the diocese, the Venerable Philippa Pride