This annual event put together by the Surrey parishes of St. Helen's, St. Michael's, Christ the Redeemer and Church of the Epiphany had not taken place since 2019. This was largely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The prior venue, Bear Creek Park in Surrey was not available, however, the parish grounds of St. Helen's located in Surrey's venerable Gateway neighbourhood more than sufficed. The hall and the pastoral ground around the hall were a perfect location for the picnic.
Approximately 150 gathered to celebrate the Eucharist with Confirmations (3 members of St. Helen's were confirmed) and spend some time together in Christian fellowship.
- Bishop Stephens speaks with the younger members of the congregation
- The worship space on the northern section of the St. Helen's property
- Folks gather for worship
- The Rector of the Parish of St. Helen's, the Reverend Robin Ruder-Celiz welcomes the community
- The Procession In
- Bishop John blesses one of the youngest members of the community during Communion
- Archdeacon Luisito Engnan administers the Body of Christ
- Two of the three confirmands
- Daniel with Grandad and Bishop John