“Christian formation is at the core of the purpose of a parish church/faith community. God is always the ultimate source of all formation. Our role is to assist God in God’s work of the formation of God’s own people.” - Archbishop Melissa Skelton
Here are some practical recommendations on further reading, online faith formation, and popular programs to help you develop adult Christian formation in the parish and beyond. Below is the Christian Formation blog with articles on resources to strengthen and form people in the way of Christ.
If you are interested in apps for prayer, see here.
If you love podcasts, here is a list for Christian formation.
For more online resources, check out the Diocesan pinterest board on Adult Christian Formation.
Questions about Christian Formation?
- selecting resources and curricula that can work in your specific context with any age group,
- recommend seasonal resources for Advent, Lent, etc.,
- help start a Christian Formation group in your parish,
- offer referrals for spiritual direction,
- assist in the design of a formation event or course.