The Parish of St. Stephen the Martyr, on Cameron Street, near the junction with North Road, has been in existence on its present site since 1913. Over the 100 years, the neighbourhood has transformed from farmland to a busy urban hub, and this has brought with it changes in the parish's focus.
St. Stephen is an intercultural congregation, with members representing several ethnic groups, races and cultures. It provides a ministry that recognizes the presence of Christ in and with neighbours, the poor and oppressed; in actions that further justice, peace, and the integrity of creation.
The parish has reached out to the community supporting activities such as the Food Bank. Various groups from the community (AA, East Burnaby Family Place, etc.) as well as other church groups use the church building for their meetings. The parish also works together with Cameron Elementary School and Marguerite Dixon Transition House.