Evolutionary Theology Conference
Presented in partnership with Vancouver School of Theology (VST), Canadian Memorial United Church, and St. Andrew’s-Wesley United Church will be hosting a significant conference that explores new directions in theology.
- July 11-15 (9 – 12 Monday to Friday mornings) Vancouver School of Theology 6015 Walter Gage Road, UBC A one week course on “Ecotheology and the Spirit” Jay McDaniel $250 (to audit)
- July 13 Wednesday at 7pm Canadian Memorial United Church 806 W. 15th Avenue A public lecture (title tba) Jay McDaniel No charge
- July 14 Thursday at 7pm St. Andrew’s-Wesley United Church 1022 Nelson Street Process Theology & Jesus’ Understanding of God hosted by John Cobb No charge
- July 15 Friday at 7 pm Canadian Memorial United Church 806 W. 15th Avenue Evening “Podcast Event” with Tripp Fuller of Home-Brewed Christianity featuring Wisdom of the Elders: John Cobb and Sally McFague (of VST) and Insights from the Young. Tripp Fuller John Cobb Sally McFague $20 (max 100 tickets, purchase early)
- July 16 Saturday 9 to 4 St. Andrew’s-Wesley United Church 1022 Nelson Street Day long workshop Theology Bootcamp for Nerds Tripp Fuller Jay McDaniel John Cobb $40 regular $10 students, and under-employed.
REGISTRATION - Click this link.
Here is another event link.
- Jay McDaniel - Trained in the philosophy of religion and theology, Jay specializes in Process Theology and Whiteheadian thought. He has written and lectured on religion and ecology, religion and interreligious dialogue, and spirituality in an age of consumerism
- John Cobb Cobb is an American theologian, philosopher, environmentalist and is the co-founder and current co-director of the Center for Process Studies in Claremont, California. He is often regarded as the preeminent scholar in the field of process philosophy and process theology
- Tripp Fuller What started as a reason for Tripp to interview the authors of his favorite books has turned into Homebrewed Christianity Podcast – a community of podcasts, bloggers, & Deacons (regular listeners) invested in expanding and deepening the conversation around faith and theology.
See below to download an invitation letter from Reverend Gary Paterson and a copy of the event info flyer.