Our Heart Garden ceremony, in conjunction with the closing ceremony of the TRC and in memory of children who died in residential schools, included Aboriginal speakers, dancers, drummers, as well as a wide variety of community members. Together we came together to listen, understand and talk about healing.
- Darcy Pelletier, Plains Cree, Aboriginal Drummer/artist/cultural teacher
- Harvey Robinson, Northern Elder, District Aboriginal worker
- Bailey Cacic sitting amongst the hearts that the children created in memory of those that died in residential schools
- Reverend Daniel Westin, from Sweden, with his Hope parish, Aboriginal elders and community members, during the drumming and guest speakers
- William Visser and Shannon Isaac, competitive Aboriginal dancers from Vancouver
Many thanks to Audrey Rink for these great photos.