After 13.5 hours aboard a full Philippine Airlines flight, an intrepid team of travellers from DofNW touched down in Manila. The fellowship included: Archbishop Melissa Skelton and Deacon Eric Stroo, the Rev. Tellison Glover, the Rev. Arvin Amayag, Diocesan Council youth representative Jade Martin-Seedhouse, and three newly ordained clergy— Reverend's Cameron Gutjahr, Vivian Seegers, and Tasha Carrothers.
The agenda for day one was moderate: pay a visit to the headquarters of the Philippine Episcopal Church in Manila, ride approximately 5 hours north to Baguio City, and then dine with the local Bishop, Nestor Poltic. These were enjoyable introductions, en route (on day two, February 19) to the EDNP diocesan convention to be held in Bontoc.
The greetings were spectacular in Bontoc as was the opening of the Annual Conference. All the clergy processed throughout the entire town of Bontoc.
Check out Archbishop Skelton's photographs of the opening day and of the trip to St. Paul's on February 19 as well as Deacon Stroo's photos from the Convention and more.
- In Baguio City the DNW travelers paid a call on the Right Reverend Nestor Poltic at the cathedral for Diocese of North Central Philippines. Archbishop Melissa Skeleton is pictured below with Bishop Poltic in the Church of the Resurrection.
- The traveling group of DNW ambassadors reached Manila on Monday morning, February 18, and paid a brief visit to the newly constructed national office for the Episcopal Church in the Philippines. Front Row: the author, Rev. Cameron Gutjahr, Rev. Arvin Amayag. Back Row: Archbishop Skelton, Jade Martin-Seedhouse, Rev. Tasha Carrothers and Rev. Vivian Seegers (not shown, Tellison Glover)
- At the National Office in Manila, Chancellor Floyd Lawlet met with the Canadian cadre. Here he schools Tasha Carrothers. (Attorney Floyd is Chancellor of the National Church, as well as Chancellor of the Diocese of Northern Philippines.)
- On day two the DNW travelers reached Bontoc in the heart of Mountain Province in time for the opening of the annual convention of our partner diocese. In the assembly we spotted a friend, the Rev. Elvie Dacay Tulingan.
- Before the assembly was the procession through Bontoc by all the clergy and lay delegates.
- The D of NW delegation Jade Martin-Seedhouse and Rev. Eric Stroo carry the D of NW banner.
- Bishop Brent Alawas and acolytes/servers at Evening Prayer where he gave his conference address
- A greeting at the Reverend Arvin Amayag's (Padi Arvin is Vicar of St. Mary the Virgin, Sapperton) former parish of St. Paul where the D of NW delegation went for lunch and traditional dancing on February 19.
- Evelyn who attended the Diocesan School for Parish Development with Br. Padi Arvin.
- Bishop Brent Alawas and friends wait for the entertainment, Wednesday, Feb 20 during the Diocesan Convention
- Could this be the entertainment they were waiting for??
- Rev. Arvin Amayag, Vicar of St. Mary the Virgin, Sapperton (second from right) is drafted into the EDNP Clergy Choir at the Convention
- Bishop Brent Alawas of EDNP is well positioned to discuss church building with the Rev. Tellison Glover. Here they stand near a construction site for St Michael the Archangel, in the village of Guina-ang.
- Mayor Franklin Odsey, shown here with Archbishop Melissa, hosted the DofNW world wanderers on Thursday, February 21, at the newly constructed Bontoc Municipal Office Building.
Many thanks to Eric Stroo and Archbishop Skelton for these photos.